Monday 23 November 2015

New Book Spotlight!


Frankie by Shivaun Plozza

Last night I attended Penguin Teen Australia Live to hear all about Penguin's upcoming YA releases. Needless to say, I fangirled extremely hard. Besides hearing about all the amazing books coming in the next year, I also got my hands on Champion by Marie Lu (which I've been hunting for months) and an ARC of Frankie by Shivaun Plozza. I am unreasonably excited to read Frankie, check it out:

"Frankie Vega is angry. Just ask the guy whose nose she broke. Or the cop investigating the burglary she witnessed, or her cheating ex-boyfriend or her aunt who's tired of giving second chances...

When a kid shows up claiming to be Frankie's half brother, it opens the door to a past she doesn't want to remember. And when that kid goes missing, the only person willing to help is a boy with stupidly blue eyes … and secrets of his own.Frankie's search for the truth might change her life, or cost her everything."

Frankie is written by an Australian author, which is all kinds of exciting for me as an Australian reader. YA is definitely dominated by the Americans, which is fine, but sometimes it's nice to read a contemporary novel set in a town you have actually visited (or even heard of!) 

I'll share my review as soon as I've finished it, but if you like the look of Frankie, it hits shelves 23 March 2016 (also, Melina Marchetta recommends it on the cover - what else do you need to hear?!)

-Grace Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment